The Oaks Partnership would like to encourage our patients to sign up to online services for access to appointments online and also ordering repeat medication. Signing up to GP online services will enable patients to access services easily, relieve pressure on reception staff and allow patients access to services even when we are closed.
Patients can order repeat medication in one of two ways:
1) Via the Prescription Ordering Direct Service (POD) on the telephone: 01474 555800 from 08:00 until 17:00 Mondays to Fridays. Please note, their busiest period tends to be on Monday & Tuesday with call volumes reduced significantly from Wednesday onwards. Please bear this in mind when placing orders for your medication. The APP that the POD used to use, will shortly be discontinued. They will help current Healthera App users transition to the NHS App referred to below.
2) Patient APPS, such as Patient Access and the NHS APP (links at the top of the page)
Our newest way of accessing appointments and repeat medication is to use one of the many patient online apps available, for example the NHS App or Patient Access. You can download the NHS App from online app stores (links below) and upload your identity documents to start using repeat prescription ordering. If you wish to register for apps such as Patient Access, you may do so by clicking on the button on our home page.
The NHS App
Find out more about the NHS App. Owned and run by the NHS, the NHS App is a simple and secure way to access a range of NHS services on your smartphone or tablet.
You can also access NHS App services from the browser on your desktop or laptop computer. To find out more go to nhs.uk/app.
Having technical problems? Help is available here.
Electronic Prescribing Service
This practice is set up for the electronic prescription service.
This means that for most patients we can send your prescription to your chosen chemist directly saving you having to come down to the surgery.
To get your prescription sent to your chosen pharmacy you will have to ask reception to sign up.
For more information please click here.
Collections & Reviews
For all medication requests, please allow three working days before collection. We do not take requests by phone.
You will be asked to return at regular intervals for review, blood tests where necessary to monitor your ongoing medication.
Help with NHS costs
In England, around 90% of prescription items are dispensed free. This includes exemptions from charging for those on low incomes, such as:
- those on specific benefits or through the NHS Low Income Scheme
- those who are age exempt
- those with certain medical conditions
- More information is available at NHS Choices
These charges apply in England only. In Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales prescriptions are free of charge.
- Prescription (per item): £9.35
- 12-month prepayment certificate (PPC): £108.10
- 3-month PPC: £30.25
If you will have to pay for four or more prescription items in three months or more than 14 items in 12 months, you may find it cheaper to buy a PPC.
- Telephone advice and order line 0845 850 0030
- General Public - Buy or Renew a PPC On-line
There is further information about prescription exemptions and fees on the NHS website.