Flu Vaccine, COVID19 Vaccine and Autumn Booster Information
For more information about the Covid-19 vaccination programme in Kent and Medway please visit www.kentandmedwayccg.nhs.uk/covid19vaccine which also contains information about COVID-19 vaccination scams that are unfortunately currently taking place.
For national information about the vaccine visit www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/coronavirus-vaccination/coronavirus-vaccine/
Frequently Asked Questions about the vaccine.
Our local clinical commissioning group has set up a dedicated telephone helpline and advice service to answer questions from any patients relating to vaccine hesitancy, to provide assurance, information and signposting to encourage booking and attendance at vaccination centres. The service went live from Monday 28 June and will operate between 8.30am and 5pm, Monday to Friday. The helpline telephone number is 0330 320 4444. Please do take advantage of this telephone number if you wish to have any further advice.
There is also a telephone support line for advice for our eastern European Roma communities. This helpline will operate between the hours of 9.00am to 5.00pm, Monday to Friday with effect from Monday 12th July. The helpline telephone number is 07518 945849.
Overseas Vaccination Record Validation Service
This service enables you to book an appointment to show evidence for any coronavirus (COVID-19) vaccinations you've had outside of England. This is so the NHS can securely update your vaccination record.
Children under 18 and the NHS COVID Pass
If you're aged 5 to 17 years old:
- you can get an NHS COVID Pass for travel if you're going abroad
- you do not need an NHS COVID Pass to go to domestic events and venues
If you're under 5 you cannot get an NHS COVID Pass. You may need to show proof of a negative test when travelling.
If you're going abroad, check the foreign travel advice page at GOV.UK to find out the entry requirements of the country you're visiting.
Children aged 5-11 years can now obtain a recovery letter for travel showing evidence of a positive COVID-19 NHS PCR test within 180 days
An NHS COVID Pass recovery letter for travel that shows proof of a positive COVID-19 NHS PCR test in the past 180 days is now available for children aged 5 to 11. This new option is in addition to the NHS COVID Pass letter for travel which has been available since April for children who have received a full primary course of a COVID-19 vaccination.
The letters can be requested by parents or legal guardians via the NHS website or by calling 119, and the child will receive one or both letters depending on their eligibility. The letter is not available via GP practices. The letter will be posted to the address on the child’s NHS record. Further details can be found on the GOV.UK guidance pages.
Latest Health Guidance regarding Coronavirus (COVID-19)
Find out about the main symptoms of coronavirus and what to do if you have them.
Advice about staying at home (self-isolation) and treatment for you and anyone you live with.
Advice and activities whilst staying at home
In addition to the advice given on our home screen, there are may useful information links for those who are already self-isolating. For example:
New Generation Teachers - a scheme for students at home to learn how to teach. The website is designed for teenagers (age 13-19) who might be interested in learning to teach. Teens will get a certificate of recognition for doing a short course that includes designing lessons for a younger child.
Mental and Physical Health
- One You Kent: information and guidance for healthy lifestyle choices, with a selection of free Apps and support offered via telephone;
- Live Well Kent: online & telephone mental and physical health support service;
- Your Sexual Health Matters: sexual health information, access to condoms and STI online testing; other useful information on where to get help during COVID-19.
- Health Visiting Service - contacts for Kent Health Visitors.
- VitaMinds is your local NHS talking therapies service, known as IAPT (Improving Access to Psychological Therapies). It is a free service. We all experience times when we feel like we can’t cope, sometimes this can start to affect our everyday lives and prevent us from doing the things we normally do. VitaMinds can help. If you are over 17 and a half and live in Dartford, Gravesham, Swanley and Swale they can support you and provide you with the tools you need to get things back on track. Please call on 0333 0153 495 or you can self-refer online. One of the therapists will take the time to talk with you about what’s concerning you and provide you with the best options and next steps that can help. The initial appointments will be offered by telephone.
- Supporting children and young people’s mental health during the Covid-19 pandemic
- For people of all ages needing immediate mental health support, just text the word “Kent” or “Medway” to 85258. This is a new 24/7 text service provided by SHOUT and the Crisis Text Line as part of the Kent and Medway Release the Pressure campaign.
A guide to your local services provided by Sevenoaks District Council, Version 36, July 2020